It’s been a week since my last post and I have plateaued right now at 66 kg. So far I’ve lost 13.22lbs since Day 1. My lower goal weight is 50kgs with an upper goal of 55kg so I guess 16kg more to gooooo…!
There were some annoyances lately like my digital scale seems to be reading differently compared to my analog one but I like the figures of my analog one better so I’m sticking to that for now ( for motivational purposes!).There were also days wherein food was not so great. I’ve totally taken out fish out of my diet because I can’t stand it. I’ve never really liked fish eversince before but I try to eat prawns once in awhile.
The weight has not been dropping lately. Which is very frustrating but on the other hand, losing 6 kgs in 3 weeks seems adequate. More than that is quite alarming and could well be harmful.
I’ve also had a few deviations.Four days out of 21 to be specific. We had colleagues visiting so I went out with them for drinks one time and ate a shared appetizer platter. The second time was dinner in honor of our VIP guest and it’s just too embarassing to refuse or pack a meal so I had grilled chicken. fish, mossouka, hommous and arabic bread plus white whine.Grrr. I really hated myself after that.
Another struggle is during fridays when I generally sleep in with the husband. There was one friday that I skipped breakfast and snacks because I was still in bed.
It’s really tough being 100% compliant.Specially with the social aspect of my life. I tend to say no to friends going out now or even dread going to the movies as I can’t have my usual popcorn or nachos with cheese (drooling right now!)
My weight loss is not that obvious yet but my clothes fit better and some have really loosened. I feel great most days but some days I feel like just stopping at the next fast food chain I can get hold of.
Being on this diet really showed me how unhealthy I was eating before. I’d often complain about the weight gain and was constantly in denial of binging on food. Well the truth is, I might not have stuffed myself to being uncomfortably full but the quality of the food I ate was disgusting. Here are some of my bad eating habits.
1) I can’t get by without going to McDonald’s at least once a week.
2) I never used to drink more than a glass of water per day.
3) I used to skip breakfast and have a heavy lunch thinking that I’ve saved myself from consuming more calories
4) I never had any restrain on my cravings and my husband indulges me every time so it’s really just up to me to say no.
5) I love to use butter, soy and salt excessively when cooking.
6) I couldn’t live without carbs be it bread, rice or pasta. They use to be my staples!
7) Fast food was my comfort food. I’d have a burger on a really stressful day.
8) Even if I was full, I’d always grab an extra cone of ice cream to top off my meal
9) I stopped drinking sodas but was highly dependent on sugary fruit drinks.
10) Exercising was counterproductive since it made me more hungry.
11) I would chew a small pack of gummy bear after a heavy meal.
12) I would munch on junk food when I’m bored.
13) I never listened to my body. I ate whenever I liked to and never paid attention as to how much my food weighed.
This journey has been a very good learning experience for me and it really helped me understand how I turned my body into this 150lbs of fat factory but I’m looking forward from hereon and striving to succeed in losing 15 kgs more. It might be a small weight to lose for some but it’s an uphill battle for someone like me who never used to have any restrictions in eating.
Gotta bring that sexy back in 3 months!